This article describes the fixes made in this release for new vendor registration.
Incorrect Error Message for New Registration if Account Not Verified in SAM.gov
Summary and Resolution
During vendor registration, if a vendor's account could not be verified with SAM.gov either because the MPIN entered was incorrect, or if the DUNS was not actively registered with SAM.gov, FedConnect should have displayed the Registration Request page and an error message that explained to the user that the account could not be verified with SAM.gov. Instead, an error message displayed that instructed the user to contact FedConnect Support.
This issue has been resolved, and now if a vendor's account cannot be verified with SAM.gov for any reason, FedConnect displays the Registration Request page and the error message that the account cannot be verified with SAM.gov.
Either one of the following must be true:
- A DUNS number that is not registered with FedConnect and is not in an active SAM.gov account
- A DUNS number that is not registered with FedConnect, but has an active account in SAM.gov
Steps to Recreate
- On the FedConnect splash page, click Register for Free Account.
- Complete all required fields; be sure to include the DUNS from the prerequisites.
- Click Register.
- If you are attempting to register the DUNS number with an active SAM.gov account, then enter an incorrect MPIN value.
- If you are attempting to register the DUNS number that is not active in SAM.gov, then enter either a correct or an incorrect MPIN.
- Click Register again.
- Accept the Terms of Service.
The Registration Request page displays again and an error message displays to let you know that the account could not be verified with SAM.gov.