Currently, Microsoft Internet Explorer is the only supported browser for FedConnect. Using other web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge may cause issues with logging into and navigating throughout the application. Therefore, we recommend only using Internet Explorer when accessing FedConnect.
If Internet Explorer is not available to use, other browsers can be set to emulate Internet Explorer, which will allow you to access FedConnect without issue. Below are the steps to emulate Internet Explorer in various other browsers, or to download an add-on or extension to allow emulation:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Navigate to Settings | Extensions and select "Get more extensions".
- Search for "IE" or "Internet Explorer".
- Select the preferred Extension that you wish to use, and download the Extension.
- Open Apple Safari.
- Click "Safari" in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click "Preferences".
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Check the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" setting, then close the "Preferences" window. The "Develop" menu should now appear in your menu bar.
- Click on the "Develop" menu, and select "User Agent".
- Multiple options for Internet Explorer will appear. Select the most recent version of Internet Explorer available.
- Close out of your web browser and reopen it again.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Navigate to Settings | Add-ons, and select "Extensions".
- Search for "IE or "Internet Explorer".
- Select the preferred Add-on that you wish to use, and download the Add-on.
Microsoft Edge is not currently supported by FedConnect.