The MPIN (Marketing Partner ID Number), along with the DUNS number, is required to register with the FedConnect portal. An MPIN is a personal code that allows you to access other government applications such as FBO, Grants.gov and the Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS). The MPIN acts as your password in these other systems, and you should safeguard it.
The MPIN is a mandatory data element, so every active SAM.gov registration should have an MPIN number. To view your company’s MPIN:
- Go to the SAM Homepage: www.sam.gov.
- Enter your Entity Administrator user ID and password, and then click the "Log In" button.
- Locate your entity via the "Existing Entity Registrations" link under “Entity Registrations” in the left navigation pane.
- Click the entity name in the Entity List.
- Click “View” under “Registration Details.”
Please note that although we ask for the MPIN when registering, the number is only used to verify your SAM.gov account information, and is not recorded anywhere in our system, nor do we have access to view your MPIN at any point.
If you have any additional questions about the MPIN or are unable to locate it by following the above steps, please contact the Federal Service Desk at 1-866-606-8220.